Sunday 21 January 2007

An apology

I was very ungracious yesterday. Ellen's little niece Hannah came to visit, bringing me toys she'd made herself out of coloured pipecleaners. They were beautiful, and I couldn't help watching as she rolled them across the floor. But I was sleeping and sulking, fed up with the rain that was keeping me indoors and out of my garden. So I didn't get up to play with them.

Hannah is really rather adorable, and she always comes to say hello to me. But I just don't know how to act with other people! They always want to stroke me and touch me and talk to me. Usually, I just want them to leave me alone.

I lashed out at Hannah when she came to say goodbye. I wish I hadn't done that. Now she'll really be scared of me. I'm glad I didn't actually get her. She looked very sombre. Do you think she'll still be my friend?

No comments: